Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones 'furious' after son Dylan faces on-air humiliation on CNN
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are reportedly extremely upset over how their son Dylan was treated during a recent CNN roundtable discussion on politics, where Dylan was left visibly overwhelmed mid-discussion.
The moment, which unfolded during a debate with commentator Scott Jennings, has circulated widely and, according to insiders, has sparked significant frustrations within the family.
The couple is said to believe the interview mishandled their son and exposed him to unnecessary public humiliation, prompting them to consider blacklist the network and distancing themselves entirely.
Leftist Sirius XM radio host Dylan Douglas never had a chance against Scott Jennings.
— Thomas Hern (@ThomasMHern) November 11, 2025
"You cannot put on the American people that Democrats were the ones that were hurting people"
"Who was casting the votes against opening the government, Democrats or Republicans?" pic.twitter.com/myO1JdHFDk
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones feel CNN 'crossed a line'
Insiders informed Rob Shuter's #Shuterscoop that Douglas and Zeta-Jones were "furious" after watching their son falter during Monday's News Night.
During the segment, Dylan had attempted to argue that Republicans held responsibility for the lengthy government shutdown, following the Senate's passage of a funding bill to reopen the government, while Jennings pushed back, asserting that Democrats were to blame.
As the exchange escalated, Jennings began citing detailed figures and legislative specifics, leaving Dylan visibly stunned and unable to articulate his counterarguments.
The moment became even more pronounced when the conversation shifted to the soon-expiring Affordable Care Act, a central sticking point for Democrats.
At that point, Dylan began stuttering and struggling to respond, a moment that, according to sources, became a "source of mockery behind the scenes."
Those close to the family say Zeta-Jones has been venting to friends about how the interview felt "unfair and exploitative," insisting her son was put in a situation he was not adequately prepared for.
Douglas has reportedly echoed the same statement, telling those in his circle that CNN "crossed a line." One insider reportedly said, "Dylan's never been the golden boy, adored, protected. CNN gave him a taste of the real world, and his parents hated every second of it."
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary
The controversy comes just after Douglas and Zeta-Jones celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary, each posting tributes on social media. Zeta-Jones sharing memories from their wedding day, wrote, "25 years ago today, I walked down the aisle... I love you today as I did then."
Douglas also posted saying, "Happy 25th anniversary my darling Catherine. Who knew? All my love, Michael."
However, before the heartfelt posts, reports suggested the couple had been facing strain in their marriage, largely tied to Zeta-Jones' increasingly busy work schedule. A source told Globe that while Douglas is mostly retired, Zeta-Jones "has no intention of slowing down," which consequently has left him isolated at home.