White House registers ‘Aliens’ domain after Trump vows to release UFO and extraterrestrial files

New federal domain appears weeks after the President pledged to declassify secret alien records.
White House has officially registered a new domain following President Trump's promise to release secret UFO files (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)
White House has officially registered a new domain following President Trump's promise to release secret UFO files (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)

WASHINGTON, DC: The Trump administration has registered the domain name “Aliens.gov,” signaling a potential new platform for sharing information about extraterrestrial life. 

This move comes after President Trump promised to release secret UFO and extraterrestrial files last month.

President Donald Trump gestures as he boards Air Force One, Wednesday, March 18, 2026, at Joint Base Andrews, Md. (AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez)
President Donald Trump gestures as he boards Air Force One, Wednesday, March 18, 2026, at Joint Base Andrews, Md. (AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez)

New federal domain signals start of UFO file release

The registration of “Aliens.gov” has caused a stir because it suggests the government is getting ready to share what it knows with the public. 

According to reports from 404 Media, registry records show the site was set up on Wednesday, March 18, 2026, by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which generally manages .gov domains.

While the website is currently not active and has no official instructions yet, White House deputy press secretary Anna Kelly told 'Decrypt News' to "stay tuned."



Last month, Trump shared his plans to open up the archives on Truth Social.

“Based on the tremendous interest shown, I will be directing the Secretary of War, and other relevant Departments and Agencies, to begin the process of identifying and releasing Government files related to alien and extraterrestrial life, unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), and unidentified flying objects (UFOs), and any and all other information connected to these highly complex, but extremely interesting and important, matters,” Trump wrote. 

Pete Hegseth pledges full compliance with disclosure order

The Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, is leading the effort to comply with the president’s order. 

While the Pentagon has previously said there is no proof of aliens, Hegseth is taking the review seriously. 



“We’ve got our people working on it right now. I don’t want to oversell how much time it will take, right?” Hegseth said. 

“We’re digging in. We’re going to be in full compliance with that executive order, eager to provide that for the president,” he added. 

When asked if he believes in aliens himself, Hegseth replied, “We’ll see. I get to do the review and find out along with all of you.”

Insider allege a cover-up while Obama stays skeptical

Christopher Mellon, who worked in defense intelligence, earlier said that there are many photos and videos that the public has never seen. 

He believes releasing these would change how everyone thinks about UFOs.

“We have satellite imagery of craft that sure don’t look like anything that we have built or constructed,” Mellon said. 

He mentioned that many videos from military planes are being kept secret for no clear reason.

“There’s a significant number of videos from the same sources that were judged unclassified in 2018 — gun cameras on F18s, [Forward Looking Infrared Radar] videos — that have been withheld from the public,” he stated. 

Mellon insisted on the existence of these files, saying, “I know there are because I’ve seen some of them. And there’s no rational reason that I can think of why those videos are being withheld.”

Meanwhile, Former President Barack Obama also spoke about the topic recently, though he was more skeptical about aliens visiting Earth. 

After some confusing comments in an interview, he clarified his stance on Instagram. “I was trying to stick with the spirit of the speed round, but since it’s gotten attention let me clarify,” Obama wrote. 



“Statistically, the universe is so vast that the odds are good there’s life out there. But the distances between solar systems are so great that the chances we’ve been visited by aliens is low, and I saw no evidence during my presidency that extraterrestrials have made contact with us. Really!" he added.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

FCC issues notice challenging 2002 exemption, threatens equal time for political candidates
38 minutes ago
While Robert De Niro took aim at Donald Trump over the Epstein files, Bruce Springsteen criticized the president for not being able to 'take a joke'
10 hours ago
A 17-year-old teen, with his 18-year-old accomplice, allegedly carried out a deadly attack at the Islamic Center on May 18, killing three people before claiming their lives while fleeing the scene
10 hours ago
Omar questioned Trump’s priorities after he said Iran tensions could affect plans for his son’s wedding attendance
12 hours ago
Kyle Busch won two NASCAR Cup titles, 234 national series races, and held all-time wins records in the Xfinity and Truck Series
16 hours ago
Prosecutors said Aimee Bock and co-defendant Salim Said falsely claimed to serve 91 million meals while using federal funds for lavish spending
16 hours ago
Authorities had reportedly received multiple prior warnings about both teenagers involved in the shooting that left three people dead
17 hours ago
Karen Whitaker, 79, and Donald Whitaker, 80, were found dead at their Bermuda Dunes home after deputies conducted a welfare check
17 hours ago
Vanessa Trump said the news was unexpected, but emphasized that she is working closely with her doctors on a treatment plan
1 day ago
White House posts dramatic ‘enemies neutralized’ graphic featuring Trump with Maduro, Khamenei and Castro.
1 day ago