Biden labeled 'unbelievably bad' as he calls himself a 'Zionist' who's done more for Palestinians than anybody else

This was the first time in weeks that President Joe Biden spoke about the war in Gaza, shifting focus from the predominant media scrutiny over his age
PUBLISHED JUL 16, 2024
President Joe Biden affirmed his commitment to Zionism in a recent interview with Complex Networks' Speedy Morman on '360 with Speedy' (Getty Images)
President Joe Biden affirmed his commitment to Zionism in a recent interview with Complex Networks' Speedy Morman on '360 with Speedy' (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: In a recent interview with Complex Networks' Speedy Morman on '360 with Speedy', President Joe Biden affirmed his commitment to Zionism while adding that he has also provided substantial support to the Palestinian community.

The interview with Morman was conducted the day before an assassination attempt on former president and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump and was released on Monday, July 15. Additionally, the interview marked the first time in weeks that Biden spoke extensively about the war in Gaza, shifting focus from the predominant media scrutiny over his age and cognitive capabilities.

President Joe Biden's 'zionist' stance

President Joe Biden unequivocally stated, "Yes," when asked if he considers himself a Zionist. He elaborated, “You don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist, and a Zionist is about whether or not Israel is a safe haven for Jews because of their history of how they’ve been persecuted.” 

“Now, you’ll be able to make a lot of that because different people don’t know what a Zionist is,” he added.

Despite his Zionist identity, Biden emphasized his efforts to aid Palestinians.

He claimed significant achievements in this regard, stating, “I’m the guy that opened up all the assets. I’m the guy that made sure that – I got the Egyptians to open the border to let goods through, medicine, and food. I have been very supportive of the Palestinians, but Hamas, they’re a bunch of thugs.”



 

Joe Biden trolled online for his interview 

President Joe Biden's comments during the interview, however, stirred quite a backlash on social media, with people voicing their disapproval over his statements.

"This interview is so bad. Unbelievably bad," one social media user wrote on X.

"That interviewer did not look comfortable after that Zionist comment," another said.

"Making a cringe face in my living room alone," one comment read.

"Yikes. I would have resigned by now and gone into hiding," someone else said.

"He's using the same lines he used on black people. He did more for black people than anybody. So he just inserts an ethnicity and repeats," another added.



 



 



 



 



 

Joe Biden's commitment to presidential race amid mental fitness concerns

Amid concerns about his mental fitness following a shaky debate performance last month, President Joe Biden reaffirmed his determination to remain in the 2024 presidential race.

When asked about his commitment, he responded, "1,000%," and humorously added, “Unless I get hit by a train, yeah," CNN reported.

He dismissed the notion of withdrawing, saying earlier this month that only the "Lord Almighty" could convince him to end his re-election bid.

Biden's cognitive abilities have been a focal point in discussions about his re-election bid. In a rare primetime interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos, Biden dismissed calls for a public cognitive test, stating, "I have a cognitive test every single day. Every day I have that test - everything I do [is a test]."

He attributed his poor debate performance to exhaustion and a "bad cold," and rejected the idea that he should step aside for a younger candidate, asserting, “I don’t think anybody’s more qualified to be president or win this race than me.”



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

President invokes trade law authority to raise global duties after court curbs emergency tariffs
58 minutes ago
A day after the 6–3 Supreme Court decision, President Trump publicly praised Justices Kavanaugh, Thomas, and Alito for opposing the majority opinion
1 hour ago
Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices after they strike down his emergency tariffs, sparking Maher’s satirical take
9 hours ago
The Capitol Rotunda honor is reserved for presidents, top officials, and select civilians; Jackson’s family plans local memorials instead
10 hours ago
Representatives Ro Khanna and Thomas Massie said they will bring Epstein survivors, with up to 12 victims expected to attend
11 hours ago
Pritzker says Trump’s tariff policy harmed Illinois families and farms, calling for $8.6B in direct compensation after Supreme Court ruling
11 hours ago
Nancy Pelosi said the Supreme Court rightly struck down the tariffs, upholding the Constitution while 'rejecting an abuse of executive power'
12 hours ago
Justice Brett Kavanaugh argued tariffs regulate imports and said lawmakers, not courts, should settle the trade dispute
12 hours ago
Newsom accused Trump of self-dealing and cronyism, saying his tariff push reflects desperation and weak leadership
13 hours ago
At the WH, Trump said the ruling is contradictory as he can take harsh trade action against countries but cannot impose even a small tariff fee
13 hours ago