Conan O’Brien 'saw no fight' between Rob and Nick Reiner at party, says attendee

Nick Reiner attended Conan O’Brien’s holiday party and acted erratically around A-list guests, but there was no major blowout, an attendee said
An executive who attended the event said Conan O’Brien “'aw no fight' between Nick and Rob Reiner the night before the filmmaker and his wife were found dead in their home (Getty Images)
An executive who attended the event said Conan O’Brien “'aw no fight' between Nick and Rob Reiner the night before the filmmaker and his wife were found dead in their home (Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Rob Reiner and his son, Nick, did not engage in any violent altercation hours before the filmmaker’s death, according to a Hollywood executive who attended Conan O’Brien’s Christmas party. 

Despite rumors of a major altercation, the guest at the event claims the narrative of a pre-tragedy blowout between the father and son is entirely false.

Less than 24 hours after the O’Brien gathering, Rob and Michele Reiner were found dead in their Brentwood home by their daughter, Romy Reiner (michelereiner/Instagram)
Less than 24 hours after the O’Brien gathering, Rob and Michele Reiner were found dead in their Brentwood home by their daughter, Romy Reiner (michelereiner/Instagram)

Witness debunks reports of altercation between Rob and Nick Reiner

A Hollywood executive who attended the December 13 gathering while talking to The Wrap has termed the alleged confrontation as “bull***t.” 

While outlets like Page Six and TMZ reported a heated exchange between the father and son, this attendee claims the reality was far different.

The individual clarified that, “If there had been a big fight with the Reiners, there were a million people there I knew. No one mentioned it to me.”

Rob Reiner and Nick Reiner attend AOL Build Speaker Series at AOL Studios In New York on May 4, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Laura Cavanaugh/FilmMagic)
Rob Reiner and Nick Reiner attend AOL Build Speaker Series at AOL Studios In New York on May 4, 2016 in New York City (Laura Cavanaugh/FilmMagic)

Conan O’Brien saw no conflict between Reiners

According to the attendee, O’Brien “saw no fight, no argument,” contradicting a Daily Mail report that suggested the comedian had to talk guests out of calling the police. 

The source reached out to O'Brien the following day to verify the rumors, and the host reaffirmed that he witnessed no such hostility. 

The attendee said, “I said to Conan the next day – I said, ‘What is all this stuff about a fight?’ He said, ‘I saw no fight.'”

While the New York Times previously described the accounts as “overblown,” this latest testimony suggests the fight may not have happened at all. 

The executive did acknowledge that Nick Reiner, who was living in his parents’ guest house at the time, was “acting a little strange,” noting, "this kid walking around making people feel uncomfortable. Eavesdropping on conversations and that kind of thing,” but maintained that the interaction never reached a breaking point.

Nick, 32, was seen being placed in handcuffs behind his back at a Los Angeles subway station (LAPD- Gang and Narcotics Division)
Nick, 32, was seen being placed in handcuffs behind his back at a Los Angeles subway station (LAPD- Gang and Narcotics Division)

Murder charges filed and legal decisions pending in Reiner case

The clarification regarding the party comes at a time when Nick Reiner is facing legal consequences following the discovery of his parents' dead bodies by their daughter, Romy

The 32-year-old has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after the deaths were ruled homicides by stabbing. 

Though he appeared in court briefly this week, only speaking to say “Yes, your honor,” the full arraignment has been moved to January 7. 

Los Angeles District Attorney Nathan Hochman has noted that while the charges carry a potential life sentence, the decision on whether to pursue the death penalty remains pending as the investigation into the tragedy continues.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Prince William dodged details about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s wedding plans while joking about a possible invite
4 minutes ago
Kenneth Iwamasa’s lawyers argued he was emotionally vulnerable to Perry’s demands as prosecutors seek prison time
25 minutes ago
The singer opened up about backlash over her past Idris Elba romance and how public commentary impacted her self-image
1 hour ago
"To my family, my future family, parents, my mom, my siblings, my friends, my collaborators, thank you for loving and supporting not only the choices that I make, but my fears," said Miley Cyrus at the ceremony
1 hour ago
Panic broke out at the tour opener as crowds rushed to safety, with security stepping in after an alleged gas release near the stage area
1 hour ago
Paul McCartney said The Beatles were nervous but excited for their first US TV appearance because they loved American music
18 hours ago
Stephen Colbert referenced lawsuits by the rights holders of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' over unauthorized use of the song 'Linus and Lucy'
19 hours ago
Sheryl Underwood backed criticism of a Netflix roast featuring Tony Hinchcliffe and Shane Gillis, saying some jokes sparked strong backlash
19 hours ago
The ‘Princess of Pop’ also behaved bizarrely during the arrest as she invited cops over lasagna
22 hours ago
Christopher Nolan praised Zendaya’s 'grace and poise' while filming intense scenes for ‘The Odyssey'
22 hours ago