Department of War shares Trump-directed airstrike footage as Hegseth warns ‘more to come’

Pete Hegseth said Trump’s Nigeria airstrikes targeted ISIS militants threatening Christians, with further action possible if violence persists
The Department of War released a video showing Trump-directed airstrikes in Nigeria (@DeptofWar/X, John Moore/Getty Images)
The Department of War released a video showing Trump-directed airstrikes in Nigeria (@DeptofWar/X, John Moore/Getty Images)


WASHINGTON, DC: Donald Trump ordered a decisive airstrike in Nigeria, making it clear the United States would not tolerate continued attacks on Christians.

On Friday, December 26, the Department of War released a brief video on X (formerly Twitter) showing the strike. The attack followed a post from Trump, after which Secretary of War Pete Hegseth addressed the k******s of innocent Christians in Nigeria, warning that “more to come” if the violence continues. Hegseth confirmed that the airstrikes had the full support and cooperation of the Nigerian government

Former President Donald Trump made several verbal gaffes during the Philadelphia MAGA rally (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
Trump announced the northwest Nigeria strike on Truth Social targeting militants (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

Department of War shares video of airstrike, Pete Hegseth signals more action against Nigeria

The Department of War released footage of Trump’s recent airstrike order in Nigeria. The video coincided with a social media post from the president, emphasizing that Christmas was far from peaceful for Nigerians.

Following the video, Pete Hegseth reshared a Trump post from November 2, which had warned the Nigerian government about ongoing violence against Christians. In that post, Trump stated, “The USA will immediately stop all aid and assistance to Nigeria.” He also referred to Nigeria as “a disgraced country” and condemned Islamic State militants, vowing to “completely wipe out” their operations.



Hegseth captioned the reshared post, “The President was clear last month: the k*****g of innocent Christians in Nigeria (and elsewhere) must end.” He added, “The @DeptofWar is always ready, so ISIS found out tonight — on Christmas. More to come…” 

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - FEBRUARY 13: U.S. Secretary of Defence Pete Hegseth holds his closing press conference at the end of defense ministers' meetings at NATO headquarters on February 13, 2025 in Brussels, Belgium. NATO Defence Ministers are convening in Brussels for a meeting chaired by NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte. Hegseth marked the first visit to NATO by a member of the new Trump administration. High on the agenda for the allies will be ascertaining how the U.S. intends to influence the trajectory of the war in Ukraine, as the conflict nears the third anniversary of Russia's full-scale invasion. (Photo by Omar Havana/Getty Images)
Pete Hegseth reshared Trump’s warning to ISIS after the Nigeria operation (Omar Havana/Getty Images)

Trump orders Christmas night airstrikes in Nigeria

Trump announced the airstrikes in northwest Nigeria, targeting Islamic State militants responsible for attacks on Christians. He described the operation as decisive and warned that further attacks would follow if violence persisted.

On Thursday, December 25, Trump said on Truth Social, “Tonight, at my direction as Commander in Chief, the United States launched a powerful and deadly strike against ISIS T*******t Scum in Northwest Nigeria, who have been targeting and viciously k*****g, primarily, innocent Christians, at levels not seen for many years, and even centuries!”



He also reiterated a previous warning, “I have previously warned these t********s that if they did not stop the slaughtering of Christians, there would be hell to pay, and tonight, there was. The Department of War executed numerous perfect strikes, as only the United States is capable of doing.”

Trump concluded, “Under my leadership, our Country will not allow Radical Islamic T*******m to prosper. May God Bless our Military, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, including the dead t********s, of which there will be many more if their slaughter of Christians continues.”

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Zimmerman rejected the suggestion that the blow happened merely as part of a struggle with security
27 minutes ago
The store, described as a family-owned operation, was left dealing with the consequences after the crowd departed
2 hours ago
Disney has sued the FCC over early ABC license reviews, alleging retaliation by the Trump administration and warning that scrutiny is affecting political programming
2 hours ago
An 11-year-old boy criticized Donald Trump and referenced Jeffrey Epstein as he explained his anger toward the president in the widely shared footage
8 hours ago
'Hes with me every day even when I’m not thinking about him, he’s certainly part of my heart,' Jill Biden shared
9 hours ago
Melania Trump’s diplomatic outreach has focused on children separated from loved ones during the Russia-Ukraine war, using back-channel communication
10 hours ago
Hunter Tirpak stole the spotlight at Donald Trump’s 2016 Pennsylvania rally after arriving dressed as a miniature Trump and being picked up by him
11 hours ago
Rep Nancy Mace showcased nine tattoos, including religious imagery and a Virginia Woolf quote, after previously keeping much of the ink covered
13 hours ago
Ryder Williams gained national attention after rescuing a 10-year-old boy from rough surf while working as a lifeguard at Seabright State Beach
15 hours ago
Todd Blanche also expressed regret over the lack of an update, acknowledging how heartbreaking the case has been
1 day ago