Donald Trump invites Chiefs to White House to celebrate Super Bowl LIV win ahead of Eagles' visit

WASHINTON, DC: Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has expressed gratitude toward President Donald Trump for extending an invitation for the team to visit the White House, a long-awaited opportunity that was previously derailed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, logistical challenges remain before the team can officially confirm their attendance, as per Hunt.

Donald Trump invites Chiefs to the White House to celebrate Super Bowl LIV victory
Following the Chiefs' 31-20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LIV on February 2, 2020, the traditional White House visit was put on hold due to the pandemic.
Now, five years later, Trump has been looking to make amends by inviting the Chiefs, complete with stars like quarterback Patrick Mahomes and tight end Travis Kelce, to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
The president revealed his plans during an interview with Outkick’s Clay Travis aboard Air Force One.
"I look forward to having the Eagles, and one other thing. We're going to have the Kansas City Chiefs after that because they missed their turn because of Covid," Trump stated in the Outkick interview.
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt feels honored that Donald Trump thought about team
Clark Hunt confirmed that conversations between the Chiefs and the White House are in progress regarding a potential off-season visit.
"We're very honored that the president would think about us, going back to the 2019 season, when we didn't get to go to the White House," he remarked while speaking at the NFL owners' meetings.
Clark Hunt on Donald Trump's invitation to the White House:
— BBQ Chiefs (@BBQChiefs) March 31, 2025
"We're very honored that the president would think about us, going back to the 2019 season, when we didn't get to go to the White House. We certainly would like to try to figure out how to make that happen"
"There… pic.twitter.com/xY2j5TKdtE
However, given that only six players from the Chiefs' 2019 Super Bowl-winning roster remain on the team, the organization is still working out the specifics.
"We certainly would like to try to figure out how to make that happen. We have six players from that roster that are still on the team," Hunt said.

While Hunt acknowledged that the invitation came as a surprise, he appreciated the gesture.
"We're working through those (details) with the White House. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it work. It was completely unexpected (the invite). It was very, very thoughtful of him," he said.
White House confirms Philadelphia Eagles visit for Super LIX win
The tradition of Super Bowl-winning teams visiting the White House has increasingly become a topic of debate in recent years.
It reignited following rumors that the Philadelphia Eagles might decline their invitation after defeating the Chiefs 40-22 in Super Bowl LIX.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt swiftly shut down speculation, confirming that the Eagles had accepted the invitation and were scheduled to visit on April 28.
Press Secretary Leavitt announces the Eagles will be visiting The White House on April 28th pic.twitter.com/NDqMU7KOL2
— Acyn (@Acyn) March 11, 2025
"I know there was a lot of fake news about an invitation that wasn't sent or was sent, we want to correct the record: we sent an invitation, they enthusiastically accepted, and you will see them here on April 28," she stated last month.
Tensions between Trump and the Eagles are nothing new.
🚨 President Trump confirms that the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles will be given an invitation to the White House:
— Rapid Response 47 (@RapidResponse47) February 25, 2025
"We're going to do it sometime today. They deserve to be down here." pic.twitter.com/cCIPpScfYy
Back in 2018, following Philadelphia’s Super Bowl LII victory, the team’s scheduled visit was ultimately canceled due to disagreements over the National Anthem protests.
Amid internal discussions, only a small group of Eagles players and staff members had expressed willingness to attend the event.
Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said "special circumstances" led the team to skip the White House visit after their Super Bowl LII win.
Jeffrey Lurie says there were “special circumstances” that led to the Eagles not visiting the White House after Super Bowl LII. Says there was no hesitation to accept the invite this time around but says it’ll be optional for players to attend.
— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroNBCS) April 1, 2025
However, Trump withdrew the invitation altogether, citing the team’s stance on the issue.
"The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country," Trump stated at the time, as per Essentially Sports.