Internet weighs in as Donald Trump argues he shouldn't be charged in classified documents case just like Joe Biden

In a scathing Truth Social rant, Donald Trump asserted that letting Joe Biden off the hook in the classified documents probe is an attack on him
Donald Trump raged after Joe Biden was let loose in classified documents probe (Getty Images)
Donald Trump raged after Joe Biden was let loose in classified documents probe (Getty Images)

PALM BEACH, FLORIDA: Former President Donald Trump took to Truth Social on Saturday, February 10, to further criticize special counsel Robert Hur's decision not to prosecute President Joe Biden for mishandling confidential documents. 

Attaching a quote from a report by Associated Press, the 77-year-old wrote, "SO THEN WHY ARE THEY CHARGING ME, I DID NOTHING WRONG??? PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT! A TWO TIER SYSTEM OF JUSTICE. THIS IS AN ATTACK ON SLEEPY JOE’S POLITICAL OPPONENT, ME. IT IS LARGE SCALE ELECTION INTERFERENCE!" 



 

Donald Trump launched an attack on special counsel Robert Hur's decision at Pennsylvania's National Rifle Association gathering

Trump previously lashed out over the special counsel's findings on Friday, as per the New York Post.

Addressing the crowd at the National Rifle Association’s Presidential Forum in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, he noted, "If Biden is not going to be charged, he said, that’s up to them, you know, look, if he’s not going to be charged, that’s up to them, but then I should not be charged."



 

Following that, Trump justified his purported mishandling of classified documents as covered under the Presidential Records Act by comparing his actions to "peanuts by comparison."

The former POTUS has been embroiled in legal troubles, facing a total of 91 federal and state charges across four separate criminal cases. These cases will likely persist throughout the upcoming 2024 presidential campaign.

Among the charges brought against him are accusations related to the discovery of classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence.

While President Joe Biden has been cleared of official wrongdoing in a recent report by special counsel Hur, the claim of him being mentally unfit to stand trial has raised concerns in Washington, fueling speculation about his ability to run for reelection this year.

Internet befuddled as Donald Trump rants about Joe Biden being let loose in classified documents probe

Soon after Trump's Truth Social rant about Biden being let off the hook by special counsel Hur in the classified documents case came to light, netizens didn't waste time in sharing their opinions regarding the situation. 

President Joe Biden has claimed that he might not be running for a second term if Donald Trump was not in the 2024 presidential race. (Getty Image)
President Joe Biden and Donald Trump have both been facing cases related to mishandling of classified documents (Getty Image)

One said, "In all fairness, he is also a little bit senile, just not as bad as Biden," and another added, "@JoeBiden is mentally unfit to stand trial but @realDonaldTrump gets charged for the same thing by @JoeBiden you can’t make up this level of corruption by @WhiteHouse."

A person remarked, "In a functioning state, Trump wouldn't be charged. Also, Joe Biden is not charged because he is demented. Trump is not demented."

Someone else expressed, "But if there’s total immunity there couldn’t even be an investigation! See why the logic doesn’t follow?"

A supporter of Trump stated, "He's right. Total witchhunt. 2 tiered justice."



 



 



 



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Luna highlighted Gabbard’s accomplishments following her announced resignation as DNI
39 minutes ago
Donald Trump mocked Kathy Hochul by impersonating her and claiming she frequently called him seeking federal assistance for various state issues
50 minutes ago
Gabbard said she would step down effective June 30 to care for her husband, Abraham Williams, who has been diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer
1 hour ago
Lawmakers extended prayers to Gabbard and her husband, Abraham, following his bone cancer diagnosis
1 hour ago
JD Vance took to X to express support for Tulsi Gabbard and her family after she announced her resignation as intelligence chief on Friday, May 22
1 hour ago
The planned deployment was scrapped after the Pentagon chief signed a memo ordering the Joint Chiefs of Staff to withdraw a brigade combat team from Europe
2 hours ago
Former Trump adviser says Iran used ceasefire to rebuild military
2 hours ago
Trump said disruptions were once common at his events but declined over time as people realized it was 'not a good thing' and could be 'dangerous'
2 hours ago
Donald Trump fired off a fresh attack on Hakeem Jeffries at a New York rally
3 hours ago
Trump honors Welles Crowther for saving lives during 9/11 attacks inside the South Tower before its collapse
3 hours ago