JD Vance expresses support for Trump in feud with Elon Musk as he takes a jibe at media: 'Slow news day'

JD Vance posted, 'Trump has done more than any person in my lifetime to earn the trust of the movement he leads. I’m proud to stand beside him'
JD Vance expressed his support for Donald Trump while taking a jibe at the media drama over his feud with Elon Musk (Getty Images)
JD Vance expressed his support for Donald Trump while taking a jibe at the media drama over his feud with Elon Musk (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Vice President JD Vance finally broke his social media silence on the feud between President Donald Trump and tech billionaire Elon Musk with an X post on Thursday, May 5, 

The Musk-Trump feud escalated following the Tesla tycoon's departure as DOGE chief, and it seemed to be a formal severing of the political relationship they had shared during the 2024 campaign and the initial months of Trump's second term, according to Irish Star.



 

JD Vance supports Trump in feud with Elon Musk and takes subtle jibe at media

JD Vance posted a photo of himself next to comedian and podcast host Theo Von and wrote, "Slow news day, what are we even going to talk about? @TheoVon."

Hours later, he made another post where he wrote, "President Trump has done more than any person in my lifetime to earn the trust of the movement he leads. I’m proud to stand beside him."



 

The social media feud between Trump and Musk erupted due to increasingly contentious public discourse over the POTUS' impending tax and spending bill, Anthony Scaramucci, former White House communications director, revealed during a live episode of his podcast 'The Rest Is Politics' on Thursday.

During the online feud, Musk escalated and posted a poll on X asking followers how they felt about the formation of a new American political party.

U.S. Vice President JD Vance speaks during an interview with political commentator Mercedes Schlapp at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) at the Gaylord National Resort Hotel And Convention Center on February 20, 2025 in Oxon Hill, Maryland. The annual four-day gathering brings together conservative U.S. lawmakers, international leaders, media personalities and businessmen to discuss and champion conservative ideas. (Photo by Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)
Vice President JD Vance speaks during an interview with political commentator Mercedes Schlapp at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) at the Gaylord National Resort Hotel And Convention Center on February 20, 2025, in Oxon Hill, Maryland (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)

Musk wrote, "Is it time to create a new political party in America that actually represents the 80% in the middle?" The tweet had so far received more than 5 million votes and more than 90 million views, as 80 percent of people voted 'Yes', per the outlet.



 

Interestingly, Vance was a fierce critic of Trump back in 2016, during his first run for president. He had then called the former presidential candidate an "idiot" and said he was "reprehensible". 

However, after a few years, Vance secured Trump's endorsement for Senate and went on to become his presidential running mate. The VP's critics regard the switch in his views as a ploy to ascend political ranks in Republican politics, per the outlet.

Trump says Elon Musk has 'totally lost it' as he refuses to speak to him

Meanwhile, Trump has publicly renewed his attacks and made it clear that he has no interest in mending fences with Elon Musk. During a Fox News interview on Friday, June 6, the POTUS dismissed any chance of a phone call with Musk. 

Senior National Correspondent Aishah Hasnie addressed the likelihood of a Trump-Musk phone call and said, “I would say the chances are very, very slim to none.”



 

She added, "And that’s, really, quite frankly, coming from the president himself, who apparently is calling just about everyone or getting on the phone with just about everyone except for his old pal Elon Musk."

Interestingly, Trump had just spoken with Fox’s Bret Baier and reiterated that he had no interest in speaking with Musk, Hansie said.

WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 17: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to reporters after signing a proclamation in the Oval Office at the White House on April 17, 2025 in Washington, DC. The proclamation expands fishing rights in the Pacific Islands to an area he described as three times the size of California. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
President Donald Trump speaks to reporters after signing a proclamation in the Oval Office at the White House on April 17, 2025, in Washington, DC (Win McNamee/Getty Images)

"He just got off the phone with our Bret Baier and told him this, that he is not interested in talking to Elon. He is not worried about any of these third-party threats. Elon’s been on X talking about, perhaps, 'We should create a third party," she added.

The senior national correspondent reminded viewers that the feud originated from Musk’s opposition to Trump’s "Big, Beautiful Bill", which the SpaceX CEO continues to criticize, Fox News reported.

Internet divided as JD Vance posts for first time following Trump-Elon Musk feud

People on the internet stayed divided and shared mixed reactions as JD Vance broke his social media silence and posted for the first time following the feud between Trump and Elon Musk.

A user wrote on X, "You're doing a great job JD," while one added, "If JD doesn't show loyalty to Trump and rebuke Elon right now he will never be president."



 



 

A person stated, "I'm proud to stand with both of you!" whereas one mentioned, "Every time I smell a movement, I know you’ll be next to it."



 



 

A user also wrote, "Measuring the blinds in the oval, JD? Elon is paving your way, as you well know," while one commented, "You’re the key guy at the party so no one drives home drunk."



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Critics have condemned the measure, arguing that it could intimidate people 'trying to shine light on bad behavior'
6 minutes ago
Hunter Biden conceded that Benjamin Netanyahu had sought Jared Kushner's involvement as Maher challenged his criticism of Trump's Middle East envoy
29 minutes ago
Tom Homan cited deportations to 180 countries while responding to Florida Senate candidate Angie Nixon’s concerns over ICE enforcement
58 minutes ago
Hunter Biden's comments come after his mother, Jill Biden, said that the family would support him if he ever decided to run for president
1 hour ago
Donald Trump made the claim while campaigning for Darline Graham in South Carolina, offering no details about hospitals allegedly carrying out the procedures
2 hours ago
Michael Wolff said Melania Trump had abandoned the traditional first lady role after making just 38 public appearances through July
7 hours ago
'She sacrificed, she didn't even sleep, she didn't even eat, and she got to one of the highest positions in the country', Amy Robbins said about Harp
7 hours ago
The lawsuit alleged TikTok let children under 13 create accounts without parental consent, collected their data, and failed to honor deletion requests
8 hours ago
In a letter, Natalie Harp told Trump, 'You are all that matters to me', then pushed back on her 'human printer' label
9 hours ago
Rashida Tlaib’s latest financial disclosure lists crypto-linked funds in her retirement accounts as Congress prepares for another digital-assets push
9 hours ago