'This is the last warning': Viral Iran radio message orders ships to turn back as Strait of Hormuz erupts

The recording has spread rapidly across social media as tensions in the Strait of Hormuz continue to escalate
A small motorboat passes anchored vessels in the Strait of Hormuz off Bandar Abbas, Iran, Thursday, June 11, 2026.(Amirhosein Khorgooi/ISNA via AP)
A small motorboat passes anchored vessels in the Strait of Hormuz off Bandar Abbas, Iran, Thursday, June 11, 2026.(Amirhosein Khorgooi/ISNA via AP)

TEHRAN, IRAN: A tense radio transmission allegedly broadcast by Iranian naval forces is making waves online after Fox Business obtained audio warning commercial ships to immediately leave a disputed route through the Strait of Hormuz.

The chilling message surfaced on Tuesday, July 7, as reports emerged of multiple tankers being struck while crossing the strategic waterway, adding another volatile chapter to the standoff between Iran and the United States following last month's war.



Viral recording captures ominous warning

The audio, shared by Fox Business, features what appears to be an Iranian military operator repeatedly instructing nearby vessels to abandon their course.

The transmission begins with an unmistakable warning: "This is the last warning, this is the last warning, this is the last warning. You are all in danger. Don't put your life in danger."

The operator then orders ships to immediately change course and sail south of Larak Island.

The warning ends with a direct threat: "If you disobey, you will be targeted... Navy out."

The recording has rapidly circulated across social media as tensions around the Strait of Hormuz continue to escalate.



Tankers reportedly come under attack

The radio message emerged alongside reports that several commercial vessels encountered attacks while attempting to transit the narrow waterway.

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said it received reports of another incident involving a tanker that had been struck by a drone.

Authorities said the vessel sustained minor structural damage but reported no casualties and continued toward its destination.

Earlier, UKMTO also reported an incident involving the Qatari liquefied natural gas tanker Al-Rekayat, which was sailing along a southern route near Oman's coastline.

Reuters separately reported that the Saudi-flagged crude oil supertanker Wedyan was damaged after being struck by what it described as an Iranian-fired missile.



The news agency also reported that the attack on Al-Rekayat sparked a fire inside the vessel's engine room, raising concerns that the blaze could escalate into a larger explosion.

Iran has not officially taken responsibility for the reported strikes.

However, Iranian state television claimed that at least one vessel had ignored warnings issued by Iranian forces before the incident occurred, drawing fresh attention to the now-viral radio transmission.

Qatar, meanwhile, condemned the reported attack involving one of its LNG carriers and accused Iran of carrying it out.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump rejected claims that November's midterm elections influenced his approach to the conflict, saying they had 'nothing to do' with his thinking
1 day ago
A Wall Street Journal report says Iran used the diplomatic window to strengthen the IRGC, rebuild weapons capacity and prepare for wider conflict
1 day ago
Donald Trump cited cost, diplomacy with Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s Iran stance as the Pentagon reduced US participation in annual military drills
1 day ago
Iranian Army chief Amir Hatami said the reward was created after a surge in requests from Iranians seeking to join the conflict
1 day ago
Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran would decide when the strategic waterway opens or closes, rejecting Washington’s claim of control
3 days ago
Iran said the United States must pledge never to threaten Tehran again and permanently end its war with Iran and its regional allies
Aug 9, 2026
Kazem Gharibabadi said negotiations were essential as inflation hit 88.6% and Iran’s oil exports faced mounting disruption
Aug 9, 2026
Iran said the Strait of Hormuz would remain closed until the US ended military action, lifted sanctions, and withdrew its forces
Aug 8, 2026
Reza Valizadeh also revealed that Iranian authorities have prevented his family from visiting him for five months, which he believes is punishment
Aug 8, 2026
Ron Dermer served as Israel’s ambassador to the US from 2013 to 2021 and later worked as Benjamin Netanyahu’s strategic affairs minister
Aug 8, 2026