Prince William shares update on Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery after her Italy trip
ISLES OF SCILLY: Prince William candidly talked about Kate Middleton and shared an update about her health after she recently returned from her solo trip to Italy.
The Princess of Wales visited the Italian city of Reggio Emilia for two days, May 13 and 14, to learn about the renowned "Reggio Emilia Approach" to early childhood education and child development. This was her first trip after being diagnosed with cancer in 2024.
However, in early 2025, the mother-of-three announced that she was in remission.
Prince William says he's 'incredibly proud' of Kate Middleton
The future monarch of the UK has praised her as he said during an interview with ‘Heart Breakfast’ hosts Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden, “I’m so proud — incredibly proud.”
“She’s been amazing,” he gushed, before noting, “She’s been through so much in the last couple of years, particularly. And yeah, she’d been looking forward to the Italian trip a lot. And so I’m really glad it went really well.”
The Prince of Wales, 43, further revealed Kate’s dedication towards her work and the amount of research she did before the trip.
“She spends, God knows how much time now, looking through all the paperwork. She’s a proper pro in the early years. Most evenings, I’m fighting to get past in the bedroom, what paperwork that she’s got lined up, ready to read,” he said.
Prince William says Kate Middleton is in 'good form' after Italy trip
William also mentioned that though the trip “went well for her,” and that she “came back buzzing,” but such kinds of work can “take a lot out of you.”
“So we have to balance that, make sure she’s okay and rested, but she’s in good form,” he added.
Further into the interview, William also acknowledged that Kate’s “an amazing mum, an amazing wife,” and without her, “our family couldn’t cope.”
“She’s been absolutely stunning, brilliant,” he asserted.
Kate Middleton shared about her cancer in 2024
In March 2024, Kate opened up about her cancer diagnosis. In a video message, she revealed, “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful.”
“However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” she added.
Kate Middleton revealed it 'takes time to adjust to a new normal' after cancer diagnosis
But in January 2025, the 44-year-old shared positive news regarding her health. In an Instagram post, she wrote, “It is a relief to now be in remission, and I remain focussed on recovery. As anyone who has experienced a cancer diagnosis will know, it takes time to adjust to a new normal.”
“I am, however, looking forward to a fulfilling year ahead. There is much to look forward to. Thank you to everyone for your continued support,” Kate concluded at the time.